In just one short year I welcomed a puppy into my home, found a great trainer by chance, with her help was able to find the horse of my dreams, and have had an awesome time molding her into the horse I truly want her to be. I was able to find a saddle that actually fit both me and her, with a little time of course, and have even been able to squeeze in a couple shows here and there. To say that I’m thankful for all these things would honestly be an understatement, and I am truly thankful for having the supportive parents and family that I do.
I got a call yesterday that my trainer ended up getting in contact with the groom we normally use for shows, so my services this weekend aren’t needed. So that means I stay home a little longer, which I’m happy about!!
But since I’m not of a shopper, and I’m really waiting for tomorrow for small business Saturday (all the tack store sales) I have some time to relax today. So I thought I would follow the trend and do the questionnaires that L.Williams found on tumblr. So here it goes:
1. saddle – Definite splurge
2. board – Middle of the road, but once I combine it with training probably a bit of a splurge
4. bit – Save, but once you start buying more and more, splurge
5. bridle – Save, love Smartpak brands
6. saddle pad – Save
7. trailer – Wish I had one! If I did it’d probably be a save…
First thing that comes to mind:
1. Haflinger – Hearty, but naughty
2. Quarter Horse – short stride
3. Thoroughbred – lean machine
4. Warmblood – Libby
5. Welsh Cob – in between a horse and pony
This or That:
1. English or Western
2. tall or short
3. trail ride or beach ride
4. long mane or short mane
5. hunters or jumpers
6. XC or barrel racing
7. outdoor arena or indoor arena
8. trot or canter
9. canter or gallop
10. paddock boots, tall boots, or cowboy boots
11. horse shoes or barefoot
12. saddle or bareback
1. How long have you been riding? For almost 16 years!!
2. Do you own or lease a horse? Own Libby!!
3. Breed? Age? Height? Name? (if you don’t own or lease, you could talk about your lesson horse) Hanoverian, 5 yrs old, 16.1 +, Libberz
5. If your horse was a person, what kind of voice would they have (you can use a celebrity for an example) Libby would be a total diva. She could sound a bit like Posh, but not British.
1. Breed? Hanoverian
3. Coat color? Black, chestnut, gray, bay in that order
4. Famous horse? Hickstead
5. Horse race/competition? WEF, and HITS Ocala
6. Brand of tack? Whatever fits and is of good quality. I’m not married to a certain brand obviously. I have a Butet saddle, Smartpak bridles, Red Barn leathers, ect.d. You get my point.
7. Thing to do with your horse? I love just going out and hanging out with her. Doesn’t necessarily mean riding always. I can groom for hours, like a sort of spa day.
|I think she misses me!|