So sorry I’ve been so behind in my posts lately. With my exams, my blog has been put on the back burner a bit. But I finished my last final today!! Only have one practical left tomorrow or Wednesday.
Yesterday, I hacked Libby early in the morning so I could study for my exams. When I got there, I was the only one there, so I decided to braid her mane instead and not ride. Looked EVERYWHERE for the bands, and couldn’t find them. Just when I thought I’d come all the way out for nothing, the groom showed up, so I tacked up quickly so I could fit in a little hack. Decided to ride her in different stuffies then usual. I always ride in these, which are awesome, but they’ve been getting really gross lately so I used my normal puffs. Thought it would be a welcome change for her. Got tacked up, and got on. Decided to make her more sensitive to my aids, i.e. my leg, and had her really responsive by the end. Because of her heat cycle, shes been really stiff lately, so I worked on slowly getting her more supple, doing some big circles and serpentines and gradually decreasing their size. She was doing well, until she gave a good head shake and both the puffs flew out. Then all attention flew out the window. Made her do a final stretchy trot, and then called it a day.
|Cutie waiting for me to get on 🙂|
On the subject of the barn situation, always seems like theres a situation, I still am not 100% certain of what I want to do. Like I said before, I know my trainer is probably the best I’ve had and works the best with me and Libby, so its hard for me to think about moving to a place with a trainer that I don’t know. I know that I won’t find out if the trainer will work for us if I don’t try, but I did watch a lesson she gave with the girl there who is getting her horse prepared for the pre-greens and I didn’t like certain things, like doing one handed stops each and every time the horse got stiff and rushed. I was always taught to circle and let them figure it out, so I don’t know if I was comfortable with her method. But my friend who just moved seems to be really happy there already, so we’ll see.
- Saddle Pads: I’d love to have a few saddle pads embroidered with Libbys show name. I’d accept this one, oh and this one in some burgundy variation.
- Leather girth: For shows. I’ve liked this one for a while, and would love to have it with a nameplate.
- Breeches: Of course, who doesn’t need more breeches?! I’ll take these in various colors 🙂
- A nameplate bracelet: I love these, and after seeing K’s gorgeous one from All In I knew I had to have one!!!
- Air shirts!!! I love these for the hot weather, and they are very smart looking!
- A new collar for Oscar: I like these, and they’re made locally!
- And I think he’d look sharp in this!!