I have been so generously given this award from Karly at All In, Amber at The Way to Heaven is on Horseback, Tracy from Fly on Over, and K at Kiss Me, I’m Irish!!! Thank you guys so much!! I’m happy to hear that you enjoy reading my blog!
And since I’m pretty sure everyone has already received the awards, I’m going to just do the 11 facts about myself, and answer the bloggers questions 🙂
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I am only 5’2″. So I will always fit ponies. Sigh…
- I have broken two bones in my body, my right elbow, and my right ankle. All were horse related.
- I like to think I can, but I really can’t handle spicy foods.
- My favorite color is green.
- I hate wearing socks. I obviously wear them for the barn, but I hate them oh so much. My toesies like to breathe!
- I love action comic hero movies, but my favorite out of all of them has to be V for Vendetta. And then the Iron Man movies…
- I could spend all day in the tack store. My dream job, aside from owning my own barn, would be to work for SmartPak, and bring Oscar into work with me everyday 🙂
- I have a self diagnosed OCD, but only really with horse stuff. I can’t stand seeing a girth outside the girth loops, excess leather outside their keepers, messy polos… You get the gist.
- I’m a hypochondriac. Please see above.
- I have tons of unwritten barn plans stored in my head. I know that one day, I will have my own place. Its going to happen. But like Karley, I would only be the BO.
- I have baby hands, like the guy in the Burger King commercials. This makes riding with double reins very difficult.
11 Questions From Karly
1. What would your ideal last meal be? Sushi!!!
Specifically a crunch roll from a restaraunt here called Bentos. So good!
2. Ideal riding outfit?
For hacking at shows, I’d say a nice polo, but since its been so hot here, I’m gonna go with any dryfit shirt and my TS breeches.
3. If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid- where would you go?
I really want to go on an all expenses paid trip to the Netherlands to pick out a horse! I feel like that would be such a cool experience!
4. What are your top 3 musts for a boarding facility?
Good quality care/training, a bathroom, and a well kept up facility. I guess thats ‘technically’ four but oh well.
5. What one beverage can’t you live without?
6. Dream car?
Dream ‘rig’ you mean? 😉 I would get a Ford F150 with a nice like 2 horse bumper pull trailer in back.
7. Where do you want to go with your riding?I just want to be able to have fun, and hopefully earn some great ribbons along the way! I really want to get Libby into the A/Os eventually, but we’ll see…
8. Where do you shop the most for real clothes?I’m embarrassed to say, but I mostly let my mom shop for me. I hate shopping for regular things, clothing included, and since she loves it, she’ll normally pick me up a couple of things.
9. What do you do to calm your nerves at horse shows?Still haven’t found a great way to do that, but I’ve been just trying to laugh more. Sounds silly, but if I act like its no big deal that I’m showing, sometimes it helps me.
10. Favorite bathing products?I really like the E3 Equine elite products. They were created by a lady from my hometown so its kind of cool to use them and know exactly where they came from. Even though its not a bathing product I LOVE their thrush remedy. It doesn’t stain!
11. If you could pick 2 horses off http://www.bigeq.com/ which would they
be?This was such a hard question, especially since I really would want to ride them, but here are the two I chose!
11 Questions from Amber
1) Do you have a camera?I don’t 😦 I used to have this great little camera that had such a fast shutter time, and it was stolen at a horse show.
2) If so what make and model?I just use my phone now.
3) When did you first start riding? I started riding when I was 5, thanks to my dads wonderful gift of horse back riding lessons for my birthday!
4) Have you always loved horses and had them in your life, or is it something that you started later in life?I’ve always loved animals, but horses were some majestic creature to me. I think when I was little I didn’t exactly differentiate the difference between a real horse and a unicorn so they seemed so magical to me. I just loved how kind and careful they were for such large animals. I started early though, but my adoration for them has just grown over the years.
5) What’s your favourite colour for your horse?I like to outfit Ms. Lib in maroone/burgundy.
6) When you were little what were your equestrian dreams?When I was little I honestly just wanted to show at WEF. Showing at that level has always been a bit out of my reach due to finances, but I’m sure that when I’m older I’ll be able to do it. Optimism!
7) Other than riding what do you spend your spare time doing?I love to read, and thanks to my Kindle, I get to read a lot. Other then that, I love hanging out with friends and watching a good movie.
8) What is your favourite job to do at the stables/yard/barn? I love almost anything that involves cleaning, like grooming Lib, or tack cleaning.
9) What is your least favourite job to do at the stables/yard/barn?While I do love cleaning, and I don’t mind doing one or two, I HATE doing stalls. I’m way to OCD for the job, and will spend way to long on one stall just trying to get every single fleck of poop out.
10) Which famous horse and rider team inspire you the most?Right now I love watching and hearing about Victoria Colvin and whatever horse shes riding. While I don’t necessarily think shes the prettiest rider, she obviously has such a way with the horses. They all love her and the way she rides. I’ve grown up hearing her names at the shows, even before she became famous I’d hear her name at the little schooling shows, and its pretty amazing how far shes gone so far.
11) If you could meet any famous horse dead or alive, real life or from a story who would it be?Definitely Hickstead. While I’d be terrified to ride him, from what I’ve heard he is exactly the opposite ride I like, but he was a great horse who put his heart into everything. I remember hearing he’d passed, and watching videos of it, and I was so terribly sorry he had to go through that.
11 Questions from Tracy
While it seems to have a love/hate relationship wit Libby, I do love my saddle. Its exactly how I like my saddles, flat with no blocks, and BEAUTIFUL!
11 Questions from K
- What is the most embarassing/funny thing that has ever happened to you? Horse related: When I was around 8 I went to hop off a pony I was riding and my breeches got caught on my peacock stirrups. I was hanging there for about 2 minutes until my breeches finally gave and ripped the whole way up the front. It definitely taught me to ‘jump’ off, not slide off.
- If you could have any horse in the world, which one would you choose?I would really want to have, or at least ride, Ovation!
- What is your favorite book?This is tough, but one I’ve loved for a while now is ‘Perks Of Being A Wallflower’
- If you ever decided to become a working student for a professional rider, who would you most want to work for and why?I would really want to work for Louise Serrio. All her horses are turned out impeccably, and that includes their training.
- If you were stranded alone on an island and could only take three things with you, what would they be?Probably my computer, my kindle, and cup o’ noodles.
- If you were a super hero, what would you choose as your super awesome B.A. name? The Shellster haha
- What is your favorite sports team?I’m not really into sports But I guess I’ll say the Florida Gators!!
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?I always wanted to be a veterinarian. Just like every other horse/animal lover.
- What do/would you say to people who claim that riding isn’t a sport? I’d just tell them to get on Libby and jump her around. See how easy it is.
- What is your favorite board game? I used to love Candyland growing up.
- Which celebrity would you want to star as you in a movie of your life? Either Emma Roberts, or Teresa Palmer.