Because the new year is literally in a couple of days, I figured I’d get a leg up on all the New Years resolutions/goals posts. Since I haven’t done this in years, I figured I’d do it now before I forget.
So without further ado… Here are my 2017 goals for Libby, and for myself.
- Encourage the soft, quiet rides.
- Increase our stretchy trot time, and focus more on long and low.
- Jump a full 3-3’3” course, in a quiet hunter rhythm, without feeling all over the place.
- Tackle our changes again, when were ready.
- Take her out to at least one place every two months. Be it a horse show (even to school), a clinic, a trail, etc.d.
- Slim her down a little bit.
- KEEP HER SOUND AND HAPPY!
- Stay consistent with the outside rein contact, and let go of that inside rein!
- Become more confident in my balance again.
- Become more confident in my riding in general.
- Prioritize life better.
- Go out and have somewhat of a social life again.
- Keep working so I can take lessons regularly, throughout school.
- Focus on the positives.
- Get back to my Lyme treatment regimen.
- Learn Japanese, and save for the trip next year.
- Read at least one book a month.
So what are your 2017 Resolutions/Goals? Do you have anything fun planned for 2017?